This is a post of interesting things I’ve found online (and sometimes offline) in one week. These things may include among others: recipes, fandom stuff, interesting articles or artwork. Drop me a line or two if you liked or found anything interesting in my choices as well 😀
This week it’s mostly material goods and music that spiked my interest it seems.
- This Deadpool pancake art is pretty cool. Not sure if it’s edible with all these colouring and stuff though.
- I think this sakura flower sushi is adorable.
- I want these Deadpool underoos.
- I also need this “I want to believe” t-shirt in my life.
- I thought this youtube channel called Ten Second Songs is pretty cool. The channel creator Anthony Vincent sings different songs in different famous styles. It’s pretty fascinating I think. I liked his renditions on Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and Taylor Swifts’s “Bad Blood” the most.
- I love songs that tell a story. Sometimes it’s fantastic if the story is solid and paints a specific picture in your head, but I also love when most of the story is just hinting things at you so you’ll try to fill the gaps yourself. Spotify recommended me “Sarah” by Kate Miller-Heidke today and it’s so good and terrible at the same time, because apparently it’s based on a true story.
This song reminded me of a couple of other story songs that I love a lot. For instance “An English Garden” by Sol Invictus. I mean what is this song about? It tells a whole story, but not quite… are the children dead? What is happening?
Also “The Kingdom of Mice (A War Song)” by S.J. Tucker is a fantastic creepy song about mice who have only know the dust and the colour gray, but when they discover other colours through and accident, they go on a mission to eat all of them.
There is also an accompanying story to this song written by Catherynne M. Valente.