This is a post of interesting things I’ve found online (and sometimes offline) in one week. These things may include among others: recipes, fandom stuff, interesting articles or artwork.
- Kadi sent me this cockroach trap test video. This is a promo for a live-action “Terra Formars” movie. It was hilarious though and quite painful to watch, especially when the sumo wrestler stepped up to do his part xD
- This broccoli, olives and minced meat strudel sounds really good even though I don’t really like olives, but I imagine they could be quite good in this context.
- I am not sure why I am craving for all these foods that scream cold!/winter! in their essence. I mean this mushroom pasta bake sounds like a perfect dish to eat on a cold late autumn evening, but I’d like to have it now that it’s getting stupidly warm outside.
- Grownups always tell the children not to play with their food, so I always imagine that a bunch of frustrated children have now grown up and went: “Fuck this! I am an adult now so I do what I want!” There are so many incredible food artists out there who create all sorts of adorable and fantastic things out of food. Recently I discovered Peaceloving Pax on instagram, who creates the cutest characters for a snack and bento foods. Some of my favorites from her are:
–These tiny rice super heroes including Captain America and my favourite Iron Man.
–This Moomintroll made out of mashed potatoes.
–These cute sleeping bunny and fox rice balls.
- I can’t say I am much into knives, swords and the like in general, and even though I find blacksmiths and their craft fascinating, I wouldn’t really go out looking for videos to see them working. However, there is a group of blacksmiths (and other supporting artists) who recreate famous weaponry out of video games, movies, anime etc. To me this is a lot more fascinating to watch than simply observing a blacksmith forge a random sword, because they are creating something that already has a meaning for me. Be it Loki’s Chitauri Staff or Pyramidhead’s Giant Knife, the work that goes into these is simply incredible. This time they made the Vorpal Blade from the game “Alice: Madness Returns” and wow was that interesting!
- Okay, I have not read a single Spider-Gwen comic, but I really like the idea of Spider-Gwen and I like the way she looks in her costume. So I want this Spider-Gwen mug just because.
- I really loved the anime “Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Sōma” and whilst it was already super funny and ridiculous in it’s anime format, then the live-action version is even nuttier xD Good stuff for a few hearty laughs for sure 😛
- Incredible Ant-Man cosplay by a group who creates free cosplay atributes for disabled children. This is really fantastic and also a reminder that cosplay really is for everyone regardless of their sex, age, appearance or physical capabilities. Maybe one day I will still give cosplay a try.
- There is an entire channel dedicated to creating miniature toy foods and accessories and it’s pretty incredible if you ask me. I wasted hours watching these videos last week. Here is an example of miniature instant cup noodles being created. Just wow!
Drop me a line or two if you liked or found anything interesting in my choices as well 😀