This soup is amazingly creamy in texture with a hint of lemony sour taste and it goes might fine with some steamed rice.
- 1 kg of zucchini
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 l chicken or vegetable bouillon (I used chicken, but I imagine veggie bouillon will do great too)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Dill and parsley for seasoning
- Oil for frying
- Boiled or steamed rice for serving
- Cut the zucchini into smaller cubes and fry them in a bit of oil until they start emitting liquid.
- Transfer the zucchini with the liquid to your soup pot, add the lemon zest and lemon juice and stir it all together. Then add the stock and bring it to boil. Boil until the zucchini is nice and soft.
- Add in thinly sliced garlic, chopped dill and parsley, turmeric and boil for another minute. Then switch of the heat and blend the soup until no zucchini chunks remain.
- You may also add some salt or pepper to taste, but I personally found it unnecessary.
- Serve together with boiled or steamed rice.